embed embed share link link comment comment
Embed This Video close
bookmarkbookmarkbookmark bookmark bookmark bookmark bookmark bookmark bookmark
embed test
Rate This Video embed
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading ... Loading ...
Tags For This Video tags
rate rate tags tags related related lights lights

Episode 12 Part 2: San Diego Nightclub Photographer

Episode 12 Part 2: San Diego Nightclub Photographer

Myles interviews San Diego nightclub photographer Paul Beltran. This is Part 2 of 2.

Share This With Your Friends
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • MySpace
  • Digg
  • Reddit
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Tumblr
  • Ping.fm
  • Google Bookmarks
banner ad

106 Responses to “Episode 12 Part 2: San Diego Nightclub Photographer”

1. Lynn says:

Myles you rocks. I love your attitude about your site!!! I am so grateful for finding you!!!

2. Paul says:

i go full manual most of time but in places with dramatic light changes I put the camera in shutter priority (TV) and drag the shutter. my ISO can go as low as 200 up to 3200 depending on the lighting and the effect i want in the pictures higher ISO allowing me to have faster shutter speeds if i want to reduce light trails. and at lower shutter speeds the camera flash helps freeze the subject.

I use spot metering because of the difficult light situation can easily give conflicting metering information to the camera and cause over/under exposure.. so i go with spot metering to have more control over the exposure.

10. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

11. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

12. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

13. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

14. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

15. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

16. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

17. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

18. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

19. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

20. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

21. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

22. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

23. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

24. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

25. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

26. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

27. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

28. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

29. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

30. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

31. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

32. [..YouTube..] @skateflip66 I go manual from the very beginning and make changes. as for metering, and why paul uses spot, you’d have to ask him :) some people like spot metering. the best is to test out modes yourself.

33. mattdeemer says:

[..YouTube..] Question: On the photo examples, why do you mention “Spot metering” if Manual settings are being used? I thought that was only for Av / Tv mode etc? I’m really new to this so I might be mistaken. Can you advise? Thanks. Matt

34. mattdeemer says:

35. mattdeemer says:

[..YouTube..] Question: On the photo examples, why do you mention “Spot metering” if Manual settings are being used? I thought that was only for Av / Tv mode etc?  I’m really new to this so I might be mistaken. Can you advise? Thanks. Matt

36. mattdeemer says: